If a picture is worth a thousand words, imagine the value of a video. This is not lost on the vast majority of web surfers out there – it’s estimated that YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world. If you haven’t harnessed the power of video marketing, it’s time to begin!
One of the first questions you’ll need to ask yourself is whether you’re going to produce videos by yourself or outsource to a professional. Here are a few tips if you choose the former:
- Shoot horizontally (turn the camera!)
- Keep it short and simple (one-two minutes max!)
- Be prepared (have a beginning, middle and end)
- Have a call to action at the end (tell them where they can go for more information – i.e. your website)
- Keep in mind the questions that you’re getting asked most frequently – and address them.
Now a few things to remember if you’re looking to hire a pro:
- Interview between three and five people
- Ask for work samples
- Ask for work references
At this point, you may be wondering about content ideas for your video. Here are a few ideas:
- Video blogging
- Instagram video
- Screen capture videos (using a tool like Camtasia or Screenr)
- About you
- Video email (using a tool like BombBomb)
Looking to maximize your videos on Facebook? Here are some ideas for success:
- Upload videos directly to your Facebook business page instead of posting the YouTube link. Organically uploaded videos help to increase your reach for that video.
- Give each video a title and tag everyone in it
- Create video ads at facebook.com/ads
Also, don’t forget to do this with each YouTube video:
- Call to action
- Link to your website and contact information
- Promote the video on social media, email databases and any other appropriate forum
You’ll also want to remember the nine steps you need to take with each video:
- Add it to your marketing calendar (now and 3-6 months from now if it is timeless)
- Add it to your website (blog)
- Email it one-to-one (who are the 3-5 people you can email your video to first and give a ‘sneak-peek?’)
- Email it to your database
- Upload it to YouTube
- Upload it to Facebook
- Tweet it (multiple times!)
- Post the link to LinkedIn
Remember that videos are one of the most powerful way we can connect with our clients and potential clients. If that isn’t motivation, I don’t know what is!
For even more video marketing advice check out my recent video sharing 3 Tips to Getting Started with Video Marketing. You can also find videos covering Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Periscope and much more on my YouTube channel.