Are you parenting during this pandemic? I’ve shared a few updates this year about our family and how we are managing through this time. But it has been a few months so today I’m sharing an update.
I’ll be honest, this year has been tough. I have to say our boys have been so resilient. In this podcast I’m sharing a few things that have worked well for us, as well as a few that have not.
- Screen time. We still monitor screen time, but we’ve also become more flexible. Video games have become a great way for our boys to stay connected with their friends.
- Routines. For our family, we thrive on routines. We are huge believers that kids need to do chores. We also come together every night for dinner. I also have a special night time routine of reading to my boys each night.
- Having a pet has been huge! If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you’ve seen our cute kitty cat, Rex. He’s been so wonderful to have during this time and brought us so much joy!
- Getting outside. Getting out every day – playing baseball, taking walks, riding scooters. Getting fresh air every day has been so important.
- Being on the same team. This year we are spending more time together as a family than we probably ever will. Coming together and checking in with each other and working together as a team has been key for us.
- Podcast: How We are Getting Through This as a Family
- Podcast: Ending the School Year During a Pandemic
- Do you have ideas for topics for our podcast? Email me at email@example.com
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)