If you’re like me, you might tend to compare yourself to other people. I think it’s part of human nature, and especially with social media, we are exposed to the highlight reels of other people’s lives. What we tend to see are the successes but what we don’t see are the struggles, the heartbreaks, the blood, sweat and tears that it took to get to that success.
In today’s podcast I’m sharing how I struggle with comparison and a few tips that have helped me to have some perspective.
- Social media is a ‘highlight reel’ of our lives
- We often see the successes – not the struggles
- Don’t compare your own life to someone else’s highlight reel
- We are all running our own races
- We may need to unfollow or ‘snooze’ someone if it’s affecting us negatively
- Podcast: Put Yourself at the Top of Your To-Do List
- Podcast: Having a CEO Mindset When it Comes to Being a Mom
- Do you have ideas for topics for our podcast for 2020? Email me at email@example.com
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)