In today’s podcast we are going to talk about housing segregation and how that impacts our lives to this day. I am honored to share this important interview with Richard Rothstein. Richard is A Distinguished Fellow of The Economic Policy Institute, and a Senior Fellow at the Thurgood Marshall Institute of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. He is also the author of THE COLOR OF LAW: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America.
I was thrilled and honored for this opportunity to interview Richard. I hope you will take some time to listen to this important information. I also would encourage you, especially if you are in the real estate industry, to pick up a copy of Richard’s book at the link below.
Topics we covered:
- The history of housing segregation in the United States
- Systemic racism and actions by our government that perpetuated housing inequality
- The Fair Housing Act
- National Association of Realtors’ Code of Ethics
- The role of schools and education in housing segregation
- What can we do now?
- Facebook Live Interview
- Order a copy of “The Color of Law”
- New York Times Article
- See the 17-minute animated film, “Segregated by Design”
- High school curriculum unit to teach this history
- Do you have ideas for topics for our podcast? Email me at email@example.com
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)