How you exit a relationship, especially a professional relationship, is just as important (if not more) than how you enter it. Over the years we have experienced a number of endings, whether that’s with an employee, a client contract or project completion.
In this episode, I’m sharing my thoughts around ending professional relationships and how to do so gracefully and respectfully.
- Not returning emails or phone calls and essentially “ghosting someone” is completely unprofessional.
- At the end of a relationship it can feel sticky and awkward, and it is. But it’s a small world, so always go above and beyond when it comes to ending a professional relationship.
- If you’re leaving a job, offer to stay on a few extra days to help train your replacement, or create a detailed outline of duties to help make the transition as easy as possible.
- If you’re ending a client relationship, offer to connect them with someone who would be a better fit.
- Podcast: People Don’t Change
- Podcast: Leaving a Digital Legacy
- Do you have ideas for topics for our podcast for 2020? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)