In this episode I give you the real deal of what it’s like to work with my husband. As a lot of you may or may not know, my husband Paul, who I’ve been happily married to for 18 years, is also my partner in our business. Back in 2001, when we first started dating, we worked together. One of the things I fell in love with about Paul early on was his work ethic. To this day, it is one of the things I love most about him. It’s probably pretty safe to say, I think he loves that about me as well. We both have an incredible work ethic.
Paul is a getter doner – he will get the job done. If he says he’s going to do something, he does it. If he makes a commitment, he’s going to do it. Honestly, in this day and age, I think that’s pretty rare.
I want to be really honest and say it’s not always easy. It’s not always easy, but with trust, setting boundaries and sneaking in some fun – we have loved working together and feel incredibly blessed to do so!
- Stay in your own lanes. What are your individual zones of genius?
- Don’t micromanage – done is better than perfect.
- Have boundaries, especially work and personal.
- Sneak in a date night on a Friday afternoon or go out to lunch once a week.
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!