This is a little bit of a tricky subject. But here is the truth – the more successful you are – the more people may not like you. And when I say “success” I don’t always mean money. Success comes in so many forms personally and professionally. However, when you achieve those perceived levels of “success” – here is the honest truth: there are people that will not like it, they will tear you down or they will slowly disappear from your life.
Here is what I tell my kids about this – first off, “the haters gonna hate, hate, hate” (yes, that is a Taylor Swift reference) But, guess what? That is on them – not you.
On the flip side – remember the view we are seeing of everyone through social media is just the highlight reel – it’s never the full story. At the end of the day, some people come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime!
In this podcast I share a few of my thoughts on this tricky subject. I’d love for you to listen and let me know your thoughts!
- Money is important – but it is not everything.
- You can’t please everyone.
- Look at the glass half full. Anytime I have gone through any struggles, remind myself that this is just a season and that greatness is right around the corner.
- Surround yourself with people who support you. You do you!
- Brene Brown
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)