A few years ago, we saw a massive shift from blog to video content and so we decided (with the prompting of my team) to start a show! We launched my YouTube channel and recorded the 1st 99 episodes on my iPhone 6S+ without a mic or fancy lighting and it made a huge impact in our business.
Creating episodic content has been huge for us and this podcast tells that story – lessons learned, why content alone is not enough, how we think about distribution of content and why it was one of the best business decisions for us!
- Have a plan – Asana (consistency counts!)
- Distribution is key – repurpose, repost, repackage
- Email is not dead – this has played a big part of how we distribute our vlogs each week!
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)
- Vlog Like a Boss