Have you ever thought you were way too busy to indulge in a hobby? Between running a business and running a family alongside my husband – there aren’t many hours left in the day. But, over the past few years I started a side hobby that I have come to enjoy on a daily basis – gardening!
If you had mentioned this to me years ago, I would have laughed at you because I certainly did not have a green thumb. But, my Papa did and so does my mom and so genetically, perhaps I have a bit of that garden expertise within me!
I slowly discovered how much I loved spending 5-10 minutes at the end of each day on something that was just for me; not for my kids, not for my husband or my friends – just for me and I realized how valuable and recharging it is to find something for you and you alone. In this podcast I share this journey and all the parallels I see with gardening and life and business.
When you garden, you reap what you sow. You understand there is a season for everything and the value of patience.
I’d love to hear from you what it is that you carve out time for – leave me a message over on my Facebook or Instagram!
- I didn’t start my own business to not spend some time for myself. Create a small daily habit that is just for you each day.
- Gardening taking patience, persistence and the realization that sometimes you do everything right and you still fail – such great life lesson.
- There is a season for everything – some people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime!
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)
- Here are a few of my favorite flowers from my garden and here