If you need heart surgery do you want a general surgeon or do you want the best heart surgeon you can find? No one wants to hire a generalist – we want to hire the best specialist we can find right?
The riches are in the niches and in this episode I share my own journey in trying to be “all things to all people” and the transformation that came to my business when I really focused on my core audience – where I was known – in the real estate space!
- No one wants to hire a generalist. Be specific
- Ask yourself, “Who do you love working with (or, not?)” This will give you some insight on who your ideal client is.
- What are the questions people ask you all the time? This answer can help you to form your niche!
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy (use the promo code PODCAST to save $30/month)
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)
- KNOWN: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age (affiliate link)
- Heather Heuman’s podcast (she does a fantastic job of serving her niche audience of Christian business owners)