After getting married in 2001 we took a big leap and decided to move cross country (more than 2,200 miles) from California to Indiana! We were young, newly married and looking to save a bit of money and have an adventure. This podcast episode is the story of that two-year period in our life from moving cross country (and back), living (literally) on love, discovering what really matters and getting my first real experiences speaking on stages up and down the state of Indiana. This journey really helped to set the stage for where we are now in our life and always reminds me to be thankful for how hard we’ve worked to get to where we are today!
- There is so much value in leaning on your partner – “let the glue stick” (especially when you are newly married!)
- The value of putting yourself out there – you only live once. You want to do something? Start with small actions today that will move you toward your goal tomorrow.
- The value of what’s really important – stuff is just stuff. We started our journey living on an air mattress and going to garage sales for our first set of dishes. Stuff is just stuff – be grateful for what you have!
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance