Periscope, the live social-streaming app from the creators of Twitter, is hitting the big time. It’s an easy way to broadcast from your mobile app to anyone in the world, making instant communication around the globe more accessible than ever. What’s more, Periscope allows real-time commentary from your audience, providing valuable feedback and commentary.
So how can you best harness this powerful new app for business purposes? Here are a few thoughts on the matter.
First off, I suggest that you have a schedule or a plan for your content. Presenting shows on a consistent and predictable basis will help you build in a reliable audience. Advance planning of topics covered will help you provide a valuable range of information. A unique hashtag also helps implement brand consistency as well as the ability to search tweets in order to engage with users outside of Periscope.
Katch.me helps save your replays to the cloud, allowing you to review comments after your broadcast and then connect with selected people on Twitter. This relieves you of pressure to take notes or catch contact information while presenting your streams since you’ll be able to access the information afterward. Make sure to promote your replays on Twitter and Facebook, using the 24-hour deadline as an urgent message to watch your broadcast now. Additionally, promote your scope on Twitter ten minutes prior to going live in order to alert people to it.
During your broadcasts, make sure to engage with people and let them know if or when you will be taking and answering questions. Keep it short and sweet. That means having a plan and sticking to it. Ballparking a five-to-ten-minute scope is ideal.
A few closing thoughts:
- Before you try to sell anything, build value and become part of the Periscope community.
- The best way to get more followers is to engage in others’ scopes. Remember, you have to give in order to get.
- Finally, have a call to action that offers a place for people to go for more information. For example, I will direct new scopers to katielance.com/periscope for my getting started on Periscope tips.
Are you ready to scope? I’d love to connect with you on the platform. Let me know what you think – comment below or connect with me on Periscope. Simply search for “Katie Lance” and connect with me!
In this free webinar I show you exactly what Periscope is, why I believe it’s a game-changer in marketing, who can benefit from this new platform, and how to implement it in your own social media strategy. In our time together we cover:
- What is Periscope – and why you need to be using it!
- How to get started with Periscope – the basics of setting up your account and tips for creating your first broadcast!
- Step-by-step how to create your Periscope strategy – my tried-and-true best practices.
- Tips and tools for growing your following – quickly!
- How to use Periscope to grow your business – plus how I brought in over 5K in additional revenue last month from Periscope alone!