Not all social platforms were created equal. Here’s how it breaks down.
- Your title should be engaging enough to grab a reader’s attention. It’s best to keep it under 70 characters.
- Feature any keywords in your first paragraph. Make clear what a reader can expect from the post.
- Relevant images will make your post pop.
- An ideal word count falls between 500 and 800 words.
- Summarize your post with a call to action.
- Again, catchy title. Hook them from the beginning.
- When uploading, use that catchy title rather than something generic like Movie.1234.
- Help readers find your video with a smart description that includes links to your website and other social channels.
- Tags help your video show up in searches.
- Keep it positive. Positivity breeds engagement.
- Provide information. Make readers want to click.
- Provide a link so they can
- Include images. The perfect size is 800 by 600.
- Make it mobile-friendly. More people are using smaller devices.
- Engage with users through conversational dialogue.
- Be available to respond.
- A clear call to action gets readers thinking in terms of what you want them to do.
- Don’t forget punctuation. It’s important!
- Shorten URLs. Bit.ly is perfect for this.
- Engage viewers and drive retweets by using questions, facts and figures.
- Prompt engagement through mentions.
- Retweet relevant content for readers.
- Images and videos heighten engagement.
- Share without images of human faces. These get shared 23 times more often than their face-full counterparts.
- Use a compelling background that takes up less than 40 percent of your image.
- Images with multiple colors get three times the number of likes and repins. Red or orange images are particularly popular.
- You’ll get four times more repins by using images with 50 percent color saturation. Black-and-white images don’t do as well.
- Vertical images perform better than horizontal ones. Go for a ratio of 2:3 or 4:5.
- Tag brands and people.
- Use hashtags to increase reach.
- Increase visibility with trending topics.
- Use images to make posts stand out.
- Interact with commenters.
- Find relevant communities and engage with them.
- Be aware of and use popular hashtags.
- Master the infinite loop: a video that will seamlessly loop forever.
- Don’t rush or cram too much into your video.
- Nail down your own personal style.
- Invest in a tripod so you won’t suffer the shakes.
- Control background noise.
- Understand your post options. Make sure you choose the one that best fits your content.
- Follow people. They’ll follow you in turn.
- Understand Tumblr-speak. “Crying” doesn’t mean what you may think it means.
- Select a good theme. A pretty Tumblr is a productive Tumblr.
- Use hashtags in a smart way.
- Show some love – like and reblog others’ posts.
For more resources, check out The Ideal Length for Every Type of Content and How Often Should I Post on Social Media? Also, if you haven’t already signed up to receive my Content Strategy Grid, you can do so by clicking here!
If you have any questions or comments, be sure to leave them below or connect with me on Facebook.