We are in uncertain times and it’s certainly not ‘business as usual.’ It can be confusing on how to use social media effectively these days; what’s appropriate or not and how and if you can use it for business.
In this free webinar, I share ideas on what to post and what not to post during this time, social media do’s and don’ts during uncertain times, tips on maximizing video and Facebook Live when we can’t be face-to-face with clients and prospects and more!
Here are some of the key take-aways from the webinar:
- Who needs the most help in your community?
- Look on Nextdoor or your local Facebook groups for who needs what
- Look up your favorite 5-10 local restaurants and businesses – support them financially and/or share their posts on Facebook or Instagram – help them get the word out
It Doesn’t Need to Be All About Business
- Kindness counts. Be in this business for the long haul. Be human and it is amazing what will come back to you!
- Reach out to your current and past clients:
- How are you?
- Do you need anything?
- Can I help you with anything?
- Is there anything I can do for you?
- Be reassuring and calm
Now is Not the Time for “Marketing as Usual”
- Send texts or calls – thinking of you, how about you doing, is there anything I can do to support you
- Do not go door-knocking or leave flyers
- Use FB groups as a way to be helpful not sell yourself
- Turn off automation
- Consider starting a FB group for: your neighbors, moms group, groups you are already a part of (i.e. Rotary, Little League etc.)
- Consider hosting weekly happy hours or weekly virtual meet ups
Now more than ever is the time to get on camera (and create original content!)
- Create one-to-one videos – people you are thinking of, use FB Messenger, text or BombBomb
- Consider getting on FB live or IG Live once a week to talk about a local business. Use BeLive.TV to do a two-person FB Live.
- Instagram Stories – share how you are coping, the day to day
- Use Zoom for group video chat, virtual happy hour with your neighbors!
I hope you find this information useful as you navigate these uncertain days, weeks and months ahead. Click here for a blog post I wrote with more tips and insights you may find helpful.
How can I help you at this time? Please reach out via email at email@example.com or on social media @katielance. We are all in this together and it’s my honor to serve this amazing community.