Among the many helpful features on LinkedIn is the ability to publish your own blog posts. This offers an opportunity to directly address your professional audience, which not only helps extend your brand but deepens the authority of your voice.
By no means are you required to publish every day or even on a regular basis, but do keep in mind that by publishing even once or twice a month on LinkedIn, you’re continuing to establish your credibility throughout your professional network. Whether you choose to publish new or old blog posts on the LinkedIn platform, a post that gains lots of traction can be viewed by thousands of people even beyond your own connections!
Publishing on LinkedIn is easy: first, go to the status update box and click on the pencil icon. From there, you’ll be able to add your blog post.
Here are a few do’s to keep in mind:
- Post original content. This is not the place to simply repurpose others’ thoughts.
- Get creative. What tips can you share about the industry or your market that will be of value to your readers?
- Include a photo in your post. Creating a free image is easy via canva.com.
- Conclude your post by writing two or three sentences about who you are, linking back to your original post if this particular post was previously written.
And a few don’ts:
- Copy or paste articles from other sources or articles that you did not originally write.
- Fail to proofread. Clean writing matters!
Remember, blogging on LinkedIn should come from a place of leadership. Here’s a few writing prompts to get your wheels turning…
- Biggest lessons I’ve learned in business.
- If I had to do it all over again, this is what I’d do.
- Why I love what I do.
- There is no I in team – what teamwork means to me.
- Building Your Business from the ground-up – lessons learned.
Also check out these inspiring LinkedIn bloggers:
- Robert Herjavec, Shark on ABC’s Shark Tank and Founder of Herjavec Group
- Richard Branson, Founder at Virgin Group
- Arianna Huffington, Founder and CEO at Thrive Global
- Gretchen Rubin, bestselling writer
- Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist at Canva
You can also visit my LinkedIn profile for examples on all of these items: linkedin.com/in/katielance
And for even more LinkedIn blogging tips check out my 10 Ways to Optimize Your LinkedIn Blog Posts.