How can you create and grow a popular YouTube channel? How can you best leverage video on Facebook to grow your real estate business? Today I’m excited to dive into these questions and more with my dear friend, Julie Ziemelis.
Julie Ziemelis is the founder of Ziemelis Communications and Founder of 365Hawaii on YouTube. She has been vlogging for almost three years and creating weekly Hawaii lifestyle, real estate and moving videos for a year.
She and her husband now have over 4000 subscribers, over 10,000 views on many of their videos and have parlayed the video success into a real estate referral business garnering five closings a month.
Julie is also an author of three Hawaii based moving/real estate/lifestyle books, two private Facebook groups with over 1.5k members each, and a popular lifestyle blog “365 Things to Do in Kona” with over 25,000 fans.
Lessons and takeaways from Julie:
- Tell the story of your city or the area you live in. Be the expert!
- Play to the masses of NONE for a while – if you build it they will come.
- Someone should be the resource about your local area and lifestyle – why not you?! You are the expert.
- You have to believe and you have to put in the work.
- Lifestyle blogging and videos are key – people don’t always want to hear about a house, they want to hear about the town they live in or the town they want to live in.
- When people want to learn something they will binge watch it and they are better leads because they are more self-educated about the area.
- Cast a wide net with your content – post your content to YouTube, Facebook, your blog, write an ebook!
- Own your content. Become “the guy or gal” that shows up when people are Googling your town.
- Connect with Julie on YouTube
- Connect with Julie on her website
- Connect with Julie on Facebook
- Connect with Julie on her second YouTube channel
- Check out our podcast archives here with other awesome interviews!
- Watch the original Facebook Live broadcast with Julie here
- Do you have ideas for topics for our podcast? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)