Today I’m excited to share an interview with my good friend and long-time #GetSocialSmart Academy member, Robyn Burdett. In this interview we chat about how to build trust using social media, time management, overcoming obstacles and so much more!
Robyn has been in real estate since 1988 and with RE/MAX since 1995. She has listed, sold, managed over 35+ agents, was the corporate trainer for a large multi-office RE/MAX, ran a successful team for 5 years, and has been a national speaker for Tom Ferry.
She has been on the Board of Directors at her local association and she is currently on the Virginia Association of Realtors Board of Directors. Robyn is constantly learning/growing. Last year, even with breaking her back with two surgeries, COVID and her mother dying, she sold 25 homes on her own, which she did 23 in 2019.
Lessons learned that Robyn shared today:
- You don’t have to “be everywhere” – pick one or two places on social media and spend time there
- There is value in connecting with other real estate agents too on social media!
- Manage your time otherwise social media can be a big time suck
- Real estate is constantly changing and evolving – have a mentor to help guide the way!
- Getting on camera and connecting with your audience is key. Be prepared not scripted
- Obstacles come up all the time – if you are struggling or have had a tough year – give back to your community and others
- Lead the way in everything you do – ethics are so critical to everything you do in real estate!
- Learn more about the #GetSocialSmart Academy
- Visit Robyn’s website
- Connect with Robyn on Instagram
- Connect with Robyn on Facebook