Today I’m excited to chat with one of our amazing #GetSocialSmart Ambassadors, Eddie J. Campos.
Eddie has been a licensed Realtor since 2005 with RE/MAX Preferred Associates in the Toledo, Ohio area. Since becoming licensed, he has helped over 450 families buy and sell homes in northwest Ohio totaling over $70 million in real estate value.
In this conversation Eddie shares his tips for marketing, social media for real estate and so much more!
Lessons learned from Eddie:
- As we grow it’s important to be self-aware about what is working when it comes to our marketing and where there are areas for improvement
- When you have big goals you need to think about “what is it that is going to take me to that next level?”
- Using a calendar for marketing and social media planning is key but also making sure you have the space to add in things in the moment that you may not have expected
- It’s important to not just share community content for the sake of content but also make sure you are reminding people what you do and how you can serve their real estate needs
- Having an opinion matters and sometimes it’s scary to step out of your comfort and share your convictions but it’s important to have the courage to do so and to take a stand on issues that are important to you
- Nervous about video? Start by doing one per day – the more you do it the easier it gets
- Leverage your connections to land interviews with leaders in your community! Remind them you are not the news – this is not a “gotcha” interview. This is an opportunity to shine the light on them and what they are doing for your community.
- If you are new to real estate – hire a coach to save time, frustration and money in the long-haul! Also, make sure you take care of your database. Categorize your database, stay organized – your future self will thank you!
- Consistency is key – talk to your community about real estate – not just listings but show your value!
Curious about becoming a member of our #GetSocialSmart Academy? Click here!