People do business with agents they know, like and trust.
Facebook is one of the best tools available to build relationships; to get to know people and to build trust.
One of the ways you do that on Facebook is by posting engaging content.
Remember when the only information you had about a potential client was their name, phone number and perhaps email?
Now, the culture of sharing has changed; people openly share about their interests, their vacations, their family and more.
Because of Facebook, it is easier now than ever to build relationships and engage with potential clients over the long haul.
Here are five quick and easy tips to increase engagement on Facebook business pages:
- Stay relevant. Timing is everything. Are you posting a message at 7am about dinnertime? Or posting during the summer about a snow day? Stay relevant with your content by keeping in mind when people will see your content. Staying topical will keep people’s attention and engage them more in your content.
- Include humor. Sometimes we take ourselves so seriously. Make sure you incorporate some fun into your posts on Facebook. Pinterest is a great source for fun quotes and photos that you can share on Facebook. Keeping it light makes it fun, and it is an easy way to build engagement.
- Brief is better. According to Facebook, posts that are between 100 and 250 characters (less than 3 lines of text) see about 60% more likes, comments and shares than posts greater than 250 characters. Keep it short and edit ruthlessly!
- Don’t post too often. Statistically a Facebook post on a business page “lives” about three hours. The biggest mistake I see people making with their Facebook Business Page is posting too often. This is why having a content strategy is key; know when you will post and what you post. (Note: if you need help with your content strategy, make sure you’ve signed up for my email newsletter to receive my new content grid free!)
- Photos still are king. Photos are undeniably still the king of engagement on Facebook. Posts including a picture generate about 120%, more engagement. Be smart about your photos; are you pinning interesting photos? Use some of those photos in your Facebook content strategy.
I’d love to hear how you are engaging people on Facebook. Leave me a comment below or on my Facebook Page!