Are you hosting virtual open houses? After seeing hundreds of agents and brokers host these over the past few months – here are a few of the biggest mistakes we are seeing!
MISTAKE 1: Not having a plan or winging it
- If you fail to plan, you plan to fail
- Practice using Facebook Live in advance
- Prepare what you will say, what you will highlight and how it will work logistically.
MISTAKE 2: Just sharing the facts
- Be a storyteller – is there an interesting fact about the home? Ask your seller what they loved most about their home? What is the story behind a new remodel?
- Stories help to keep people engaged and curious!
MISTAKE 3: Oversharing
- Think of a virtual open house like a movie trailer – share the top 3-5 highlights
- Keep people curious – no need to share everything!
- At the end -wrap up with a simple call to action that if people would like more info and all the details of the property to message you or comment below!
Looking for more guidance for hosting a virtual open house? Download our Virtual Open House Handbook here >>