What are the biggest do’s and don’ts for promoting your real estate listings on social media? In this video I share a few important tips for real estate agents and brokers to make the most of their listings on social media.
- Be a storyteller. Ask your clients what they loved about the home and when they moved there and what they love now. Is there a story about a certain piece of the home?
- Get creative. Have fun with your creativity and use tools like Canva to create interesting graphics and video content to showcase the listing. Remember, less is more!
- Use video. Clients are expecting creatively more than ever. Your video should never replace a professional videographer but where you can really shine is taking video content that you can turn into Instagram or Facebook Stories, creating a Facebook live or Instagram live or even selling short clips of the home that you can then turn into an Instagram Reel or TikTok video.
- Copy/paste from the MLS. I know it’s tempting to copy content you’ve already written but remember the copy you put on the MLS does not always translate well to social media. The contents are the facts of the listing – you need to finesse that description into a more engaging tone for social media.
- Upload your flyer to social media. Although your real estate flyer has all the details of a home, when you convert a PDF into a JPEG file it is extremely difficult to read on social media. Instead, take some of the great photos and then make sure to write engaging text. You may even choose to use the Instagram Carousel option to showcase multiple photos.
- Use bad photos. I think it goes without saying but we’ve all seen awful real estate photos! If you don’t have a budget for a professional photographer make sure you take the extra time needed to create great photos for your social media posts. Clear the clutter and pay attention to details!
At the end of the day the facts of the listing could be shared or told anywhere. Social media is a great opportunity to tell the story of your listing, share interesting facts, get creative with graphics and video and much more. Don’t be like everyone else… This is your opportunity to stand out on social media as a real estate professional!
I’d love to hear from you! Are you making these mistakes? Leave me a comment on the video.
Looking for more social media tips? Check out our free resource library here!
Are you subscribed to our YouTube channel yet?