When expanding your business, don’t fail to harness the power of one of the most ubiquitous platforms in today’s social media world: Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg’s creation offers plenty of punch for marketers of all stripes – and here are five ways to start building your business with Facebook beginning right now.
1) Set up your Page in a way that’s going to be a compelling online hub for your business endeavors. Remember that a Facebook Page makes you discoverable when potential clients search for you as well as connected and ready to have conversations with that clientele, be they individual or through a larger debate in a post. Make your Page easy to find by requesting a relevant web address. For example, if your company is called Great Web Marketing, you might sign up for facebook.com/greatwebmarketing.
2) Who is your audience? You’ve got to figure out who you’re targeting through this effort. Here are a few questions to ask yourself in order to narrow this down:
- What are the demographics of your ideal customer? For example, what is their age range and geographic region?
- What type of outreach will best suit this audience? Are they more likely to respond to specific messages, services or products, or a well-targeted sales offer?
- What are the commonalities between your desired customers?
- What can your business provide to these people?
- Don’t forget to encourage your current supporters and clientele to also like your Page – they’ll spread the word!
3) Engage your audience with a thoughtful presentation. This starts with personalizing your Page with a profile picture and cover photo so that your fans have a visual representation to connect with your business. Think in terms of telling your story. This also applies to the content you add. Use milestones and key moments to create trust on your Page. People want to know more about your business, including its history.
4) Use quality content to engage your audience and keep them coming back. Here are a few ways to do that:
- Post regularly and in a timely manner. People want to know you’re here to stay. Be consistent and you’ll not only retain your current fans, but attract new ones.
- Timeliness when it comes to interaction is also key. If one of your fans has a question or comment, be sure to address that without letting too much time slip by.
- Be authentic. Your fans want to know who you are and what you stand for. Be yourself and people will respond positively.
- Promote popular posts. If you’re getting a lot of traction on a particular post, don’t keep it to yourself. Make sure others know about it as well. Likes, comments and shares beget the same.
5) Pinpoint and promote. Use Facebook Ads, targeting them to different clientele with well-honed messages. Ask yourself questions similar to when you were targeting your ideal audience. Who are you seeking and how are you going to reach them? Facebook Analytics are also a helpful means of finding out what’s working and what’s not.
For more resources, check out 10 Ways to Maximize Facebook Ad Images and Top 10 Tips to Optimizing Facebook Ads Also, if you haven’t already signed up to receive my Content Strategy Grid, you can do so by clicking here!
If you have any questions or comments, be sure to leave them below or connect with me on Facebook.