Have you ever thought about making your content more accessible but weren’t sure where to start? In this podcast, I had a great conversation with writer, editor and podcaster Shelly Brisbin. She shared some helpful tips for how to think about your content on your website and social media to make it accessible to all!
I love how at the end of our conversation Shelly says, “Keep in mind – our disabilities don’t define us. Don’t make assumptions about people with disabilities.”
I couldn’t agree more. I am focused on making our content more inclusive and accessible to all – if you are committed to that too I know you will enjoy this podcast. Please make sure to check out Shelly’s book and podcast too (links below!)
Shelly Brisbin is a writer, editor and podcaster. She recently published the eighth edition of her book, iOS Access for All: Your Comprehensive Guide to Accessibility for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. By day, she is Web Editor and a producer for Texas Standard, a daily public radio news show. In 2019, Shelly produced the award-winning audio documentary, 36 Seconds that Changed Everything: How the iPhone Learned to Talk.
- Connect with Shelly on Twitter
- iOS Access for All
- Shelly’s Podcast: Parallel
- Podcast: Making Your Content and Your Website More Accessible
- Do you have ideas for topics for our podcast? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit me at KatieLance.com for more info about my speaking, consulting and our #GetSocialSmart Academy
- Follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes into my life and business @katielance (Enjoying this podcast? Tag me on IG and let me know!)