As I’ve mentioned before – Facebook always says that when it comes to content:
“The goal of News Feed is to deliver the right content to the right people at the right time so they don’t miss the stories that are important and relevant to them.”
Here are 3 few important things to note:
- Like-baiting. Facebook is cracking down on Facebook Pages that post posts that ask for the like/comment or share. In the past, many marketers used this tactic to increase likes – now, Page owners who do this will be penalized – meaning their content will go to fewer people in the Newsfeed.
- Frequently circulated content. Content that is simply from Google images or content that people have seen over and over again will be deemed not as valuable. Original content is more important than ever before.
- Spammy links. This one makes me smile! Facebook is cracking down on spam primarily links that promise one thing but are entirely something else once someone clicks through.
“We’re making these changes to ensure that feed spam content does not drown out the content that people really want to see on Facebook from the friends and Pages they care about.”
What’s the takeaway?
Original content is more important than every before. Curated content will only get you so far.
What is your niche? What audience do you want to target? What questions do you get asked all the time? There are so many options nowadays for content that is simple and easy to create like:
- Instagram or Vine videos
- Instagram photos using text over photos with apps like Over or A Beautiful Mess
- Blog posts on your own site or using a site like Medium
- Graphics using PicMonkey or Canva
- Videos using apps like Animoto or Videolicious.
These are all “low-hanging fruit” items that any marketer could implement.
How about reaching out to the people you want to influence or connect with, and offer to feature them on your blog or site?
Now more than ever is the time to roll up your sleeves and create great content – provide real value for your customers and clients and then you will be seen as the trusted resource and YOU will be the one the call/tweet/email when they need your services!
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this and answer any questions you have about Facebook. Leave me a comment below or visit me on my Page!